Skip to main content
Share this page
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on LinkedIn
Gynaecological Ultrasound Symposium: What you need to know
Dr Simon Meagher and his faculty of national and international speakers will cover all aspects of gynaecological imaging.
Dr Simon Meagher, Prof Tom Bourne, A/Prof George Condous and other national speakers will cover all aspects of basic training in gynaecological imaging and progress through the intermediate and advanced approach to sonographic and surgical diagnosis of common gynaecological pathologies. Specific attention will be paid to new technologies including the role of 3D/4D ultrasound, sonohysterography, tubal patency testing with and without oil, and ultrasound assessment of deep infiltrating endometriosis. We will also address new classifications for myometrial endometrial and adnexnal pathologies and include the current classification system for endometriosis.
• To understand key anatomical and sonographic landmarks in the routine assessment of the female pelvis
• To know technical specifications to enable correct abdominal and vaginal transducer selection
• To provide guidelines on how maximise the value of Doppler technologies including colour Doppler, power Doppler, radiant flow and slowflow
• To address the basic and advanced approaches to sonographic diagnosis of minor and major gynaecological pathologies
• To provide a practical outline on the technical aspects of 3D and 4D and summarise its application in routine clinical practice
• To take an in-depth look at the ultrasound guidelines and classification of cervical, uterine and adnexal pathologies.
• To understand the definition and classification of common and rare benign and malignant myometrial pathologies: adenmyosis, fibroids & sarcoma including an overview of MUSA (morphological uterus sonographic assessment group 2015)
• To provide an overview of the terms, definitions and measurements used to describe the sonographic features of the endometrium and intrauterine lesions, including the consensus opinion from the International Endometrial Tumour Analysis (IETA group 2010)
• To present an up to date account of the diagnosis and management of endometrial pathologies: retained products of conception and arterio-venous malformations, hyperplasia and polyps
• To understand the terms, definitions and measurements used to describe the sonographic features of adnexal tumours: a consensus opinion from the International Ovarian Tumour Analysis (IOTA) Group
• To provide an overview of the systematic approach to sonographic evaluation of the pelvis in women with suspected endometriosis, including terms, definitions and measurements: a consensus opinion from the International Deep Endometriosis Analysis (IDEA) group (2016)
• To build a knowledge set of the common and rare anomaly sequences which can be identified during routine gynaecological screening - over 1000 video clip sequences will be presented both online and onsite over the two days
Who Should Attend or
Residents in obstetrics and gynaecology
Fellow in reproductive medicine and infertility
Strictly only 120 places.
Timing & Duration: (anticipated)
Registration opens: 08.00
Start time Saturday 14 March 2020: 08.30
Finish time Sunday 15 March 2020: 17.30
Click here to see preliminary program.
Click here to read Faculty Biographies
Cost of Registration
Early bird: Now - 03Feb'20
ASUM Members - sonographer, trainee $795
ASUM Members - medical $895
Standard from 04Feb'20- 02Mar20
ASUM Members - sonographer, trainee $895
ASUM Members - medical $995
This event will be available for live streaming. Please note that it will not be recorded and will not be watchable on demand.
If you register as a live stream attendee, you will be provided with a unique log in for each day and will be able to watch the event live, as it happens only.
There will be no option to log in at a later date to view the lectures, or to view the lectures multiple times.
Please contact us prior to registering if you have any queries.
ASUM Members - sonographer, trainee $750
ASUM Members - medical $850
Registration closes 2 March 2020
Register online below.
Cancellations and Refunds:
Any cancellation request must be received in writing to
at least 10 days prior to this event and will incur a $100 admin charge. No refund will apply after this date.
ASUM reserves the right to cancel the event within 14 days of due date if there are insufficient registrations or for extraordinary circumstances out of our control.
ASUM is not responsible for travel and accommodation costs incurred in the unlikely situation where we must cancel or reschedule the event.
Delegates are responsible for their own travel insurance. ASUM will refund or provide credit vouchers for registration fees in both of these circumstances.
If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt within 7 business days of submitting your registration form please check your spam folder as both the email and receipt are automatically generated.
If you still cannot find it then please contact the ASUM office on +61 2 9438 2078
3/14/2020 8:30 AM - 3/15/2020 5:00 PM
Melbourne Business School 200 Leicester Street CARLTON, VIC 3053 AUSTRALIA
Sign in to Register
Keep me signed in
Or create a new Account
Click here to create a new account
Use this option if you aren't a member and do not have an account